Export of Danish water technology
Original title: Eksport af dansk vandteknologi
The Danish Agency for Water and Nature Management has asked Copenhagen Economics to examine and evaluate Danish water technology firms’ expectations to future export possibilities, the value of public instruments, and potential obstacles in acquiring finance. Moreover, we have explored the view on different models for delivering common Danish turnkey projects within the water and wastewater sectors.
The main conclusions of our study are
- Danish water technology exports could more than double by 2025, thereby fulfilling the goal set in “Vandvision 2025”
- Generally, Danish water technology firms expect rising demand on all of the world’s continents, hence their strategic choice of target countries depends on prior presence in a market and the underlying business climate.
- The biggest potential for exports is in Europe and USA, although the role of the Southeast Asian and Chinese markets is expected to grow – this is especially true among smaller firms.
- The firms also express an overall satisfaction with public instruments aiding their export.
- Turnkey deliveries hold some potential for export growth as well. The exact organizational setup around such is, however, crucial for the success in the market – and not less importantly – crucial for attracting institutional investors.
The study is commissioned by the Danish Agency for Water and Nature Management Download